Before you submit.....
- The events will take place in Atlanta, GA
- Each of the presentation sessions will run 50 minutes with 35-40 minutes allotted for instruction and 10-15 minutes reserved for Q&A.
- Every session will be recorded and distributed via our social networks following the live broadcast.
Benefits of speaking at #BWW2020
Every speaker will receive:
- The opportunity to attend BWW events
- Attendance is between 500-1,000 people
- One (1) speaker ticket to attend Black Writers Weekend.
- One (1) comped ticket to attend Black Writers Weekend.
- The speaker application deadline is Friday, March 15 at 11:59pm EDT (UTC-4).
- You will be notified about your application status by Friday, March 31st.
- Speaker announcements will be published on Monday, April 2nd.
- Donations must be submitted at the time of submissions to be considered
- Only ten (10) speakers will be selected.
- Abide by the event code of conduct.
- Deliver an original-to-you talk that doesn't already exist online (note: it is perfectly okay to repeat a talk you've already delivered).
- Deliver a run-through of the current draft of your talk one week prior to the event.
- Provide files to your final slides a week before your session
- Participate briefly in the event chat following your presentation for any follow-up questions from attendees.
- Participate in social media shares & marketing of your session
Tips for Applying
- Think of the audience first: what will they learn and why is it useful?
- Be succinct in describing your talk. Try and capture the value of the material in 2-3 exciting sentences
- Think about practical application instead of concepts or ideas alone.
- Create a two-minute video pitch to further sell your idea. If you're not sure what to say you can share greater detail about your talk summary. This is entirely optional, please don't feel intimidated by it! Email this video to email@example.com
Submit to Speak at #BWW2020
Thank you for applying to be a speaker at Black Writers Weekend 2020. Our highly anticipated weekend turns out hundreds of creatives and readers every year. We are opening up our stage for the first time for public submissions.
Want to speak and be featured during the 2020 events?
Fill out the form below.